Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hope...


I can't argue with Captain Dylan Hunt/Kevin Sorbo when he said, "You can't hate hope." After a drizzly fog lifted this morning, the sun came out, and so did most of our crew, if only for the afternoon to tidy up the yard a bit. A few customers even showed up with grain in tow, happily in the notion they'd be back in the field some time this week. These people are better at simply carrying on with life than anyone I've ever known.


My Dearest Friend back home was keeping the company of a new Grandbaby when I called to check in today, which made me happy because it made her happy. *Geez* Don't tell my wife I said this, but it's amazing how much the joy of a new life can wash down to the rest of us, isn't it?


I couldn't resist today's picture. I've seen some beautiful scenery in my day. This particular piece of it came with the last task of the day, free of charge.


Well, nothing new from a literary standpoint, either. Last night while continuing 'Les Mis' I learned Monseigneur Bienvenu was willing to stand up to a Senator he felt had corrupt ideas, and that he was unafraid of the criminal element in man's heart. I get the point - he's an upstanding and forthright character. Hey, Victor? Can we move it along a little???

No comments:

Post a Comment