Thursday, March 4, 2010

Getting Stronger

I'm a serious fan of the last 'Rocky' movie - 'Rocky Balboa'. If I was paying attention, the movie was written by Stallone himself, and if that's true... He's a wise man.

I'm a particular fan of his speech to his son, and later, himself. Something to the degree of 'Life isn't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. It's about how much you can take, and keep moving forward.'

We're moving into gear at work - spring isn't far away. I'll admit, I might have hoped it would never come, but I'm getting a little more confident about our chances every day. To steal another movie line, "I think it all depends on a lot of things we don't know yet." Without worrying about surviving every spring, I know life would be easier, but I wonder if an easier job makes for a more fulfilling one?

Anywho...

I was out of town last weekend, and I'm going to be out of town next weekend, so I'm definitely looking forward to spending some quiet time at home. I'm itching to get back to work on my stories. *Grin* Yes, I did say stories. Plenty of ideas - now I just need to get down to business.

No comments:

Post a Comment